July 1, 2015

Throwback: Ozine Fest 2011


Hi there! So I decide to do a throwback post to start the month of July. For all we know July is the Japan Philippine Friendship month. It will also mean that for the month of July most of my upcoming post are Japan in Philippine and/or Japan in Cebu related. #JapanPH

To start, I will be sharing about Ozine Fest 2011 Anime Figure Special. This convention hold a special memory to me because this is the very first convention I attended and not to mention it was held in the capital - Manila(a plane away from my hometown). 

Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (6) 
Photo Otakuzine

It was planned long time ago for me to have my Christmas vacation in Manila but I didn't hear any update from Mama. I was so disappointed because she promise it to me. It was 2011 December 20 something few hours before our School Christmas Party. When I receive a phone call from my Mama and I started crying because she didn't keep her promise. After the call my Auntie told me she would book a flight asap for me to go to Manila . My kokoro can't handle the happiness I felt that day. I thought my Mama wont keep her promise to me but she did. I love you Mama.


It was also a great timing when I was scrolling on my old facebook account(I have lots of fb accounts BEFORE) when I saw the Convention poster(above photo). It's like hitting two birds in one stone. I never been to a convention before. I'm the only Anime Otaku in the family. Oh no! I think in our neighborhood too. Before Anime, Cosplay and Manga become so popular to our place I'm like forever alone and consider to be weird and crazy . It was  also starting to get popular in the City (in Cebu), though I live in the City (in Toledo) I still consider it as province because the word anime, cosplay and other terms don't exist in their(referring to the people in my hometown) dictionary.

I don't really remember what I did during my stay in Manila aside from eating, walking to the nearest mall, window shopping, rode the train and then go home, sleep, scare yourself at night or day(because they said our house in manila is hunted by spirits which is true, I experience it myself.) and repeat the whole process.

Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (8)

 Anyway, so December 29 Day 2 when my cousin, her friend and I went to the convention(because its their only free time). My cousin is just accompanying me so I sponsor for the entrance ticket. Call me ignorant but I don't care. Everything was surreal to me. I still remember all the thing we did the whole afternoon. I was in paradise, I can't express my feeling that day. Everything was just fun and amazing. I never been surrounded with lots of people with the same interest. //vomits rainbow// 

That feeling before that you thought your the only one who have that interest but somewhere in the corner their are people who understands you crazy side. I even fall in love more with Anime Figure that soon when I get my own job and money I would collect them. I also want to Cosplay (Costume Play) but I'm afraid I wont give justice to the character just yet so maybe in the near future. I just don't want to murder or have bad impression with the character especially my favorite ones.

Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (11)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (12)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (1)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (10)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (13)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (14)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (15)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (2)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (3)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (4)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (7)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (9)Ozine Fest 2011, Anime Convention, Cosplay, Figures, Japanese, Event (5)

One thing I regret is, I was not able to attend the Day 1 of the convention where my inspirations the Gosiengfiao Sisters are also attending. asdfghkl... Why oh why! I actually don't know the location and I might get lost if I did go alone. May be next time in God's well.

When I got home I couldn't stop thinking about the whole experience that I want more, until I tired myself thinking about it and fall asleep. That's why I'm such a congoer when I started attending University in the City. I always look for an update about the upcoming conventions/events and attend them when I can. Some of my friend called it boring but for me it's awesome.

How or what did you feel when you first attended convention or let's say the first time you where surrounded by people who has the same interest as you? Share your thoughts  through commenting below. I would love to read them.

That's it for today.  Hope to see you on my next post. More Japan Love Stories Soon!
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow.



Vanessa
Vanessa

Vanessa is from Cebu, Philippines who loves to document her personal style, daily life, wanderlust and Japan Love in this small space she considers her personal diary.