August 12, 2015

Blogger Hacks: Interview with Kawaii & Japanophile Blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo

Blogger Hacks: Interview with Kawaii & Japanophile Blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo | Simply Vanessa

Currently living and working in Japan, Cebuana Filipina Kawaii and Japanophile blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo.



Van:  Please introduce yourself.
Mich: Hi, I'm Mich. I'm 22. My dream was to live in the Land of the Rising Sun and it came true over a year ago (December 5,2013). I'm a certified Japanophile; obsessed with everything Japanese for 7 years. LoL


Van: Why did you fall in love with Japan and/or Kawaii Lifestyle?
Mich: There were a couple of factors that led to my undying love for Japan.

First, my family moved to Hokkaido,Japan when I was 15. They lived there for quiet some time. I remember being the happiest girl in the world whenever they send huge balikbayan boxes full of kawaii Japanese goodies. It was like receiving something straight from heaven.

Second, I used to work for a Japanese-owned ESL company. I was an online English teacher. I talked to Japanese people every single day for two years. Most of them only want to practice speaking in English and they'd either talk about Japan or ask about the Philippines. As I learn more and more about Japan's culture, traditions, etc., I fell in love with it more and more as well.

Blogger Hacks: Interview with Kawaii & Japanophile Blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo | Simply Vanessa
My first time to see the majestic Mount Fuji! I was in awe!  -Mich


Van: Now that you live in Japan. What are the changes in your life(can be negative or positive or both)?
Mich: There are actually a loooong list of changes; I should just probably make a blog post about it. lol

I'll just talk about the major one for now.

What I myself and the people have noticed is that somehow, I became a different person. You know what they say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Japanese people are generally well-mannered: very polite, considerate to others, punctual and honest. It's like their way of life here. It is important for them to think of others first before doing something. I didn't try so hard but it came to me naturally. I learned to follow rules. Like, when I'm inside the train, I would talk softly as not to bother others or not answer phone calls. I'd put my trash inside my bag and throw it when I get home or when I see a bin. I bow all the time: when I greet someone, thank someone, apologize to someone, or when a car stops to let me cross the street. I was surprised when I did all of these out of reflex. If I was back in the Philippines, I wouldn't probably give a single damn/care too much about rules. Probably the best part is that I learned the importance of following time/schedule. We Filipinos have our own "Filipino time" the standard being always late on appointments or commitments. However, in Japan, that is a really big no-no. It is considered to be "common sense" to be on time or even earlier than the appointed time. When I went back to the Philippines, I had a meet-up with new friends and guess what! I was the first one to arrive. Shocking!! I used to be always the last one to show up during meetings before I moved to Japan. HAHA

There are soooo many positive changes in my life since I moved to Japan but there are also quiet a few negative ones. If you wanna read about it all in detail, visit my blog! *shameless promotion*

Blogger Hacks: Interview with Kawaii & Japanophile Blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo | Simply Vanessa

Van: What inspired you to start your own blog? How long have you been a blogger? And, what is the main topic/subject of your blog?
Mich: I started my blog a few days after I arrived in Japan. I was still mesmerized by everything. I still couldn't believe I'm finally in Japan. It was like being in Cloud 9. I wanted to document each and everything that is happening in my life; the awesome places I visit, the delicious food, the quirky fashion and everything in between.

My first few months here I had to attend a Japanese language school. I still had no friends and no job. To make up the most of my free time, I started to blog. First it served as my online personal diary and hobby but later on I realized my blog can be a tool to share, to connect and to inspire others.


Van: What are the changes and opportunities did blogging give you(if any)?
Mich: The most important and most fulfilling would have to be meeting fellow Japanophiles from all across the world. Because of my blog, I made a lot of new friends from Australia, USA, Germany, United Kingdom, India and also Japan.

Just recently, a Cebu-based Japanese consulting company wanted me to become one of their promoters. *however, I'm still not sure if I'm ready for such huge commitment*

Blogger Hacks: Interview with Kawaii & Japanophile Blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo | Simply Vanessa

Van: Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
Mich: I used to love Cheesie of Cheeserland.com because she's extremely obsessed with Japan as well and the way she blogs is just so funny. But now that she has a baby and her blog became more of a mommy blog, I started to lurk away and only check her Japan-related posts. http://cheeserland.com

I love Capsule Bunny. I see her a lot in Harajuku. Her fashion is extremely cute, something I myself wouldn't dare do. She's also updated with all the kawaii cafes/places all around Tokyo. http://capsulebunny.blogspot.jp


Van: .In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
Mich: My dream had always been to travel and see the world. I wish my blog would serve as a tool for me to meet awesome people, visit amazing places, learn and grow as a person along the way.

Blogger Hacks: Interview with Kawaii & Japanophile Blogger Mich of Michmerizing Tokyo | Simply Vanessa

Van: Any tips to fellow / starting blogger.
Mich: "Start writing no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on." -favorite blog quote

My tips: don't be discouraged, don't give up. Keep going! Find inspirations and most especially, enjoy what you're doing.


Van: Message to your readers.
Mich: Thank you so much for all your support! I always get so overwhelmed whenever I get comments or emails saying they love my blog. It makes me feel like I've achieved something valuable. Thank you all so much.


Van: Where can we find you?
Mich: You can follow me on 
Instagram: @michmerizing
Twitter: @partywithmich
And of course my awesome blog (HAHAHA) www.michmerizingtokyo.com <3




Photo/s: Michmerizing Tokyo
Vanessa
Vanessa

Vanessa is from Cebu, Philippines who loves to document her personal style, daily life, wanderlust and Japan Love in this small space she considers her personal diary.