November 1, 2015

Cosplay Spotlight: Kuro Hime Hitsugaya


JKasane Teto Casual Version of Utauloid ; Photo by JC McBride


Cosplay Name: Kuro Hime Hitsugaya
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Years of Cosplay: 4
Website/ SNS:
Blog: www.khitsugaya.wordpress.com



Van: What is cosplay to you?
Kuro Hime: Cosplay is a creative art form where I can express my love for a character I really love. Its an expression of love that leads to the creation of friendship with people who share the same kind of love.


Van: What exactly did drive you into this hobby?
KH: Back in high school I had a couple of friends from arts club who have been active with cosplay and through invitation I tried attending a cosplay event which was Torch and the beautiful scenery and people inspired me to want to be a part of it.


Midorima Shintaro of Kuroko no Basket; Photo by Paolo Manalac


Van: When did you first start cosplaying and what was your first costume?
KH: 1st event right after the first one I attended it was either comic con or ARCH CON and I just wore a simple ensemble of a punk lolita kind of wear. The first official character I did was Misaki from Maid-sama which I did during Otakufest.



Van: What kind of characters do you usually choose when cosplaying?
KH: I used to do a lot of OC (Original Character) since it was cheapest for me *smiles*...but usually its the lolis I love and the characters that fit my personality. and lately I became a fan of cross dressing because my friends told me i look great as a guy LOL





Amy Sorel Cosplay of Soul Calibur; Photo by Emil Fiel

Van: How many characters have you cosplayed and which one is your personal favorite?
KH: I'm not really sure...hmmmm 5 or 6. My fave would probably be Amy Sorel because its the most beautiful one I have. *smiles*


Van: Do you make your costumes? props? Make-up? If not, who?
KH: I can't really make my own costumes but I do try to make some accents myself~ A seamstress does my costumes >///<


Van: Where do you think you would’ve been today if you hadn’t found this hobby called cosplay?
KH: I would probably still be a dork *laughs* because if not for cosplay I think I wouldn't know make-up or dressing-up at all *laughs*.


Van: Is cosplay a hobby you could see yourself doing 10 years?
KH: YES! Although I've been inactive lately I'd definitely keep coming back.


Van: Aside from cosplay, what are your other hobbies?
KH: I blog, I do K-Pop dance covers and do amateurish photography *laughs*. Oh and is being a foodie a hobby too? :)


Van: Any tips for cosplayers?
KH: Just be humble and have fun!
Vanessa
Vanessa

Vanessa is from Cebu, Philippines who loves to document her personal style, daily life, wanderlust and Japan Love in this small space she considers her personal diary.