November 6, 2015

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1

I been looking forward for this day ever since last year. Where anime otaku, cosplayers, gamers, artist and hobbyist are gathered together in one of  Cebu's biggest convention. All I can say is ARCH Con was a blast! This year mark my third year in attending ARCH Con but I still have this unexplainable excitement. ARCH Con stand for Animation, Role-playing, Comics and Hobbies Convention. And for the first time in ARCH Con history (and I think in Cebu Convention) to have a two day event. They also change this years venue to South Town Center in Talisay, on the way to south which makes it very convenient for me.

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

Since it's a two day event I decided to do a separate post for day 2. Oh... and by the way I came as both a congeor and a blogger. They were looking for bloggers days before the event, my blogger friends and I decide to attend the event. Thank you so much ARCH Con for inviting us. Despite of the miscommunication with them I had a great weekend.


With my kawaii and blogger friends Kuro Hime and Vianna. Finally met Vianna in person, she came all the way from Ormoc to cover and experience ARCH Con for the first time. Thanks to Kuro for this photo.

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

The event started at 10 AM,  I arrive around 11 AM and the whole convention hall is jampack with congoers.

There were rigs on display from Computer Enthusiasts and Builders United (C.E.B.U). And different booths that you can enjoy. 

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

From Otaku Pop own and manage by a friend of mine also from Kawaii Lovers Cebu, Akemi-Chan. She's really an awesome with her crafts.

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

More shops that sells anime and movie memorabilia's.

There were also a booth for artist where they showcase their works.

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

And off course the one that I look forward to see during conventions, the figures from Visayas Anime Collectors.

Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I was jumping out of joy (not literally) when I saw these Cardcaptor Sakura Figures. // vomits rainbow // Huhuhu... #childhood

Li Shaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura

Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura

More figures on display. Though I'm not familiar with the other characters.#poorAnimeLife

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
Super Sonico a fictional female character created by Tsuji Santa for the Japanese computer and video game software company Nitroplus

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
Celty Sturluson from Durarara
Satsuki Kiryuin from  Kill la Kill

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
Tetsuya Kuroko and Seijūrō Akashi from Kuroko no Basket

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

I'm not so sure to which exhibitors did these figures from the movies are from.

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

From Transformers. How awesome!

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

Some of the cosplayers I spotted. I was really hard to take a legit photo when there were lots of people around. The convention hall is not big enough and very crowded  in my opinion.

ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com
ARCH Con 2015 | Day 1 | www.vanessasabroso.com

Was not able to take a photo during the cosplay competitions for single category. I'm glad I was able to strike a pose with non competing cosplayers.

That was my ARCH Con day 1 experience! Please look forward for ARCH Con day 2.
Vanessa
Vanessa

Vanessa is from Cebu, Philippines who loves to document her personal style, daily life, wanderlust and Japan Love in this small space she considers her personal diary.