December 15, 2015

Toys and Figures Convention Cebu 2015


I was caught between two different events last Saturday. The first event was Cebu Bloggers Summit which was organize by Cebu Blogging Community and the second one is Cebu's first ever Toys and Figures Convention.

I heard about TOFICON (Toys and Figure Convention) from one of the exhibitors during ARCH Con Cebu, while he was telling me the details of the event I can't help myself feeling extremely excited for it.

Anyways, since I have to go home early / hello miss probinsyana /. I decided to leave the summit early so I could still catch up with Toficon. I was there for less than an hour and enjoyed taking photos and videos on the different figmas and nendoroid of comic book, anime and gaming characters on display.

Also finally, I meet in person Manila based Toy Photographer Scher Padilla a.k.a Pinkcheeks (Love, Pinkcheeks). I first saw her back in 2014 during ARCH Con X on stage / nakatingin sa malayo /. This time I finally had a chance to shake hands with her and bought some prints from one of my favorite photographs of her / *cough*  cardcaptor sakura /. Too bad the first batch of her photobook was sold out so she was not able to bring some copies with her. Looking forward for the second batch of the book / ultimate fangirling mode /.


Though, I hope for a bigger space next year. Also, not too crowded displays of characters on the tables and please do include labels because I honestly don't recognize some of the characters. Haha

It was really fun and amazing. This is the kind of event I will diffidently look forward next year. More photos here!

I also uploaded a new vlog on my channel.





Vanessa
Vanessa

Vanessa is from Cebu, Philippines who loves to document her personal style, daily life, wanderlust and Japan Love in this small space she considers her personal diary.