April 7, 2016

Cebu City: Basilica del Santo Niño


Before I started with my new work, I had a chance to go on a road trip with my family for the first time this 2016. It was planned since last year but we didn't have a chance because they are very busy with their business.

Early February we went out of town to visit the newly opened and one of the biggest mall in the Philippines, SM Seaside in South Road Properties(SRP). It's a thing for them to visit Sm Seaside because they rarely visit Cebu city. But before we headed to SM Seaside we first visited Basilica del Santo Niño. If my family decide to go to Cebu we do our best not to miss visiting the Church. It's away for us to pray for our safety during the whole trip also to thank God for all the blessing we received.

I'm really don't like taking pictures while inside the church because for me church is a very sacred place. I minimize using gadget to show my respect. So I took a few photos while waiting for our turn to go inside, see the sacred statue of Sr. Sto. Niño and pray. 

Basilica del Santo Niño is both famous to the locals and foreigners. The locals have a very strong faith and deviation to the child Sto. Niño. You might heard or know about the very famous Festival in Cebu which is celebrated every 3rd week of the fist month of the year, the Sinulog Festival. It is celebrated in honor of the child Sto. Niño.


I might be from The Queen City of the South Cebu but honestly I still have a lot of places that I have to discover myself. I'm looking forward to explore more of Cebu and I can't wait to share it here.

If you're a foreigner visiting Philippines and Cebu, please don't forget to visit Basilica del Santo Niño. 


That's if for now. Our SM Seaside adventure is coming next. Thanks for reading my blog.
Vanessa
Vanessa

Vanessa is from Cebu, Philippines who loves to document her personal style, daily life, wanderlust and Japan Love in this small space she considers her personal diary.